Sunday, July 17, 2011

North Boulder Breakdown and Pawnee Pass Trail

Yesterday, while walking Charlie through some of the suburbs of North Boulder, Lauren and I came across some cheery tribal music being played by KIDS in North Boulder Park!


Today, I went through Nederland and Ward, Colorado, to come to the Long Lake Trailhead, which begins the Pawnee Pass Trail. Here's a little of what the drive is like:


The trail was beautiful, full of giant pines and snow-covered mountaintops.





Unfortunately, I did not make it to the end (Pawnee's Peak), which would have made the round-trip length about 11 miles. As I approached the summit, the weather started to turn dark and rainy with a few snatches of lightning and thunder. So, since I don't own any rain gear, and it was already pretty cold, I turned back. But first, I had to find shelter under some trees and eat my sandwich.



I did, however, make it farther than anyone else on the trail that day, which afforded me the opportunity to meet these marmots.

No comments:

Post a Comment